Thoughts, Tips, Ideas and Tricks to live your best life
Energy is a very vague yet growing in popularity word that most of us throw around. Other interchangeable words we use are vibe, it just feels good, the feeling, chi, presence, attention... And some of us use the word "energy" but mean different things.
But if you are looking to improve the energy (or pick your word :) of your space here are a couple ideas that I believe are powerful tools and use in my own home:
1. Simply cleaning, you don't even have to move things around or create a home for each thing, just simple cleaning will immediately improve the energy. Personally when I clean, once I get going... I feel immense love for my self, and immediate satisfaction, cleaning something, anything, leads to an immediate sense of accomplishment.
2. Organizing, lol, I had to sorry. Organizing and cleaning go hand in hand. We often do both when we are cleaning OR organizing. But once you have established a home or system to anything in your space, be it home, office, car, or purse! It just feels so much better. For me it was my jewelry. I am the outlier, I love organizing, I love establishing a system, and infusing my personality into weird hidden details, but I can only wish that you experience the amount of self love I felt when I was organizing my jewelry.
3. Plants! People that know me know how much I love plants. But plants do a ton for us. For one plants produce oxygen and naturally purify the air, check out the many pintrest posts, about the top 10 plants to purity your bedroom air quality. But its true, plants take in carbon dioxide (what we breath out), sunlight and water, and give off oxygen. Plus, they are naturally beautiful and sculptural in nature, and they automatically bring color into your home, though it is possible to find a beige plant ;) Also on an energetic level plants are a living being too, so they naturally contribute to the energy in your space. Sean Stevenson, even quotes in his book, "Sleep Smarter", that plants actually improve the quality of your sleep! And you can pick one that suits your taste, budget and thumb. Though I love all plants, the cheapest and lowest maintenance are bamboo, pothos plants, and succulents. All are hearty and can go a while without attention.
4. A salt lamp. Though I don't have any proof that this works, I believe it does have a lot of power. I began using salt in my home to clean the energy because of Feng Shui. In one of the books, it said that having rock salt in water in a bowl collects the negative energy. I am one to experiment. Though at the time I was not as energetically sensitive as I am now, I liked it, though I wasn't able to tell if it was actually working or not. This new knowledge led me to buy a salt lamp which I absolutely love, in addition the energetic cleansing qualities, but also the soft warm glow at night is so nice, and would work really great as a night light for kids, or anybody else that would like one. The reason I believe it does actually work is because salt just like the salty ocean, has ions that attach to negative energy, plus there is naturally a little humidity in the air, so I think the salt attaches to the moisture and makes the air a little easier to breath.
5. Change. Changing something around will naturally change up the energy in a space, and this is always a good thing. Just like when we exercise we feel a little bit better... because we got things (energy) moving.
6. Light. A lot of natural light will make your place feel better. Open up your windows, feel the warm sun, its guaranteed to lift your spirits. But if you are in a space that doesn't get much natural light, some things you could do to improve the space, is to bring in more plants, choose plants that don't need a lot of natural light. I have seen bamboo do just fine in a room that never got natural light. Bring in mirrors, to bounce what little natural light you do get. You may also like to bring in a UV light, personally I would create an arrangement, using the UV light, plants and mirrors, to give the space some depth, and a point of interest. And the most obvious would be to turn on the lights, lights that point upward create the most brightness in a room. Personally I feel a lot better in a well lit room.
7. Bring in some color! There are many articles about color therapy, if interested I'd suggest to look into in, but I know first hand color can change your life. I had depression, which I've mentioned in my bio, and painted my room this almost neon bright cantaloupe orange. It was not possible to feel sad in that room, and everyone in the family naturally gravitated towards my room. I have always loved orange and ever since 15 when I painted my room, the color orange will forever hold a special place in my heart. But pick a color that suits you!
8. Energy in a space could also be compared to points of interest. Where your attention naturally bounces around in a room, is also how energy flows in a room. Generally in a piece of art, which I see rooms as a piece of art, that personifies you, there are three main points of interest. Its generally different things, like the the color, the main subject is slightly off center and there is something interesting in the distance. In your space you can also think of it like that. So pick 1-3 areas that you naturally gravitate towards, then spruce up those areas. I love to focus on a tiny niche area. I think small spaces lend them selves very nicely to creating a vignette. Keep in mind that it could be an area that every time you walk into that space its the first thing you see and you hate it. Any strong emotion is a good indication that a lot of energy is going to that space. I realize this is quite vague when not looking at the same thing together, so if you are unsure, ask someone who you think has great taste, or hire an organizer :) an interior designer, or a feng shui consultant - the true expert when it comes to energy.
9. Lastly Love. Having things that you love in your space greatly impacts the energy or vibe in your space. I love the book "The Magic of Tidying Up" by Mari Kondo, because she wrote so perfectly what I believe. But she took it a step further by drawing pictures, and teaching you hold to fold! Which I follow now, and love it! Our time is precious and we deserve to experience love in every moment, if you don't love it, then it would do better somewhere else.
Hope you enjoyed these tips, if you tried any of them, I'd love to see a picture, comment below!
Much love, Jessica
Good morning! I'd like to share how wonderful I think the book the Woman Code is by Alisa Vitti is.
Here's the link to her website: https://www.floliving.com/
Its hard to summarize this book because what each person will get from it will be a bit different. For example the things I remember most from the book and what I needed to work on. But after applying her steps to how I eat, and plan my life my life and monthly pains have gotten so much better! I really believe every woman NEEDS to read this book.
I've always had very painful monthly symptoms, to the point that I had to schedule work around it, or call out sick. Every 28 days that's a lot to be calling out sick. We all have some issue we'd like to work on, this book will iron that out, and even improve some things that you never thought twice about! The app is also pretty great too, it will give you suggestions on how to heal a symptom if you area experiencing any. We as a society in the US, for the most part accept aches & pains as a normal part of life, but that's not true! It doesn't have to be a normal part of life. When we get some kind of pain that is our body telling us that something is off, and there is an easy solution to heal it without pain killers, we just need to learn what they are. For example did you know that you experience less pain if you are fully rested?
I used to always start my morning on empty rushing out the door because I needed to get things done. But I never forgot my coffee :) Now after reading the woman code and listening to Dr. Jonh Gray I have changed my habits. Now my morning routine (when I have time) is:
I wake up and make my bed, for manifesting fun I do an "I like" list
I open up my salt and pour a tiny bit in my hand to suck on the salt rocks while I drink water for 5 minutes.
I use the bathroom
I make hot lemon water and walk a loop around my block (about 15 minutes) I usually eat a bite of something before I go, like an apple or nuts.
Then I make my breakfast. The bigger the better! Today I had an egg with tomato and spinach, a pear, and some cashew yogurt with chia seeds, ground flax seed, and goji powder, oh and coffee :) Now I wait until I eat my meal to have coffee, where as I used to have it before doing anything else.
This entire routine takes me roughly an hour, because I eat slow, and usually do other things at the same time, like write an article :)
If I were rushing and at home, because I'm on the road quite a bit, I would add lemon to cold water while I ate salt and continued to drink more water for 5 minutes. Then make a smoothie with plenty of fat in it, like peanut butter, or coconut oil, while making my coffee at the same time. Then bring both to go with me, or drink while I am getting ready.
While on the road, still drink 5 minutes of water first thing. Then I always have power bars, apples, nuts, and coconut water with me. So eat while I'm getting ready, then bring a coffee with me out the door. If you are one of those people that can't get started without coffee, I suggest still drinking 5 minutes of water, then doing some kind of exercise for 2-5 minutes. Like sit ups, yoga, or a 5 minute workout video, I have playlists of 5 minute workout videos on youtube saved on my phone. Try it :)
What I love about this is that for the first time I didn't take pain killers at all during my period, and I feel great! Normally I am in bed trying not to throw up. I wish happiness and health for all of you and I hope that sharing my routine will make your health discovery a little bit faster.
Sending love, Jessica
Today's article is inspired by two people a coworker, and one of my good friends. At the start of the year I wrote that I would write a new article every week. Its been three months since that article... I've been dating, am an auntie to be, and with my job which poses a serious challenge to dating, its tough to squeeze in taking care of my own life on the less than one day a week, which I have to cram all of that into. Never mind catching up on sleep. I imagine this is what mom's feel like.
I was talking about this with a friend, who like me is also trying to build a new career on the side of her full time job, never mind the social life or peace of mind. And she was saying she just came to peace with it, she's OK that she'll never be a super clean person or be the type that cooks all the time... And that was such a big reminder for me. When I heard and her words and felt that acceptance in my body I felt so much relief. Its OK if my house is a mess even though I'm building and organizing business. Its OK if my mail is piled up and only the bills are dealt with. Its OK, if I'm struggling to find time for all of the important people in my life, since I'm not home half of the month, and trying to build a new relationship. Sometimes life is like that; and when I heard my friend's words I let it be OK, that when I am home, I feel like my life is a mess.
I share this with you, the public, because I want you to also try on the idea of forgiving yourself for whatever you have been trying to be or accomplish but in your eyes have not succeeded yet. This web page and philosophy all began because I had many habits that I didn't like and knew the best way to change them was to make the tiniest change I could and commit to it until I forgot about it. But for right now, I'm practicing forgiveness and I'd like to offer this idea to you. Like Wayne Dyer (listening to him yesterday) said when talking about Dowisim, there is a time for feeling happy, there is a time for feeling frustrated, there is a time for feeling sad, there is a time for feeling overwhelmed, there is a time for feeling ecstatic or euphoric. In my life momentarily, there is a time for feeling overwhelmed, there is a time for my house being a mess, and there is a time for having to come back to my own philosophy just to find time to squeeze in a workout or meditate, which somteimes is just 5 minutes a day. And its all OK :)
In the moment of hearing and truly accepting my friend's words I was practicing forgiveness to myself and it feels like a weight has lifting off my shoulders. I want this for you too!
So I'd like to thank my coworker, who inspired me to write. Just because I told you about this website, that reignited my excitement about it, when it fell by the wayside because of life. Thank you <3
Love to all,
Do you drink a ton of water and yet still feel dehydrated? Or like you're still thirsty even though you just downed a liter of water? I have been one of those people most of my adult life. Its super frustrating to drink so much water, go to the bathroom a lot and yet still feel thirsty, ummm what is going on???
I'm sure there are many people that are similar to me, so I'd like to share what I have recently learned. This will be beneficial to anyone that is very athletic, lives/travels in a hot climate, or my drinking buddies and wine lovers :)
I started doing hot yoga every day since October. I absolutely LOVE it, but I was having a hard time drinking enough water, it just would not fit in my body. Not to mention my previous condition of drinking tons of water to begin with, yet still feel thirsty. I'm healthy, athletic, and eat vegan gluten free 95% of the time, and at least one meal a day is raw. I expressed this frustration to some of my yoga teachers. And she suggested adding something to my water, and drinking coconut water. I already drank quite a bit of coconut water, I love it. But I implemented what she said. I began drinking a coconut water minimum once a day. I love the zico bottles, so that is very easy for me to measure. Then I would add something to my water, an orange, a lemon, some mint, a strawberry, blueberry, cucumber...
After a few days, (probably it only took a day, but when I noticed) I was feeling better, more energetic - a symptom of dehydration is just feeling very drained- and to my surprise I was craving less water. Craving less water was a first for me! Now I can just take a hot yoga class when ever I want, I don't need to plan and prepare, and make sure that I drink enough water by a certain time, like I was doing previously.
I remember reading an article somewhere, that said that as we get older our body naturally doesn't retain water as well as it used to, and so adding something like fruit to your water will help your body retain the water better so that you body is getting the hydration it needs. At the time of reading that article I did it, but was not religious about it, and eventually forgot about it, until my yoga teaching suggested this.
Now very often, in addition to just adding lemon or cucumber to my water, I will toss a few strawberries, or whatever fruit I have in the freezer, and fill the rest of the blender with water, or coconut water :) and throw that into the mix of my drinks for the day. Its easy, plus a great way to add a little more nutrients into you diet! Today in preparing for yoga I added only a few cubes of frozen mango, filled the blender with coconut water, and some chia seeds after blending. It was delicious, thirst quenching and satisfying! And it also didn't fill me up, where as if I made a full on smoothie, I would have felt a little too full for class.
While you don't necessarily need to be a Yogi to try this out, this hydration technique will also be very beneficial to anyone that does any kind of high intensity training or workouts, like cross fit or athletes, if you live or are traveling in a hot location. Heat sick is NO fun, simply add a lemon to your water bottle before you venture out, it will make your day so much better. And of course if you are day drinking or wine tasting. If you're at a bar then this will be super easy for you to do, so try it out, and see how much better you feel the next day. You can simply ask your server for any garnish in your water, a lemon or lime will probably be the easiest, but if you are somewhere nice, why not request a strawberry, orange slice or a cucumber?
I wish you all the best year yet, full of dreams and wishes come true, abundance, happiness, and health. For some reason I am just so excited for this year! I'm not exactly sure why, but I am enjoying this excitement. Typically most of us set a new years resolution which is great, but this year I am going to suggest something a little different.
Instead of setting a new years resolution, which often revolves around giving up something, I am going to suggest tweaking, replacing, creating and adding things. I promise these tiny shifts will create big changes in your life, because it has for me. Maybe you won't see any results right away, but one day you'll notice, "wow, I'm a lot happier, healthier or better off financially than before!"
1. Create a playlist of songs you absolutely love AND the lyrics are uplifting/have a positive message. I have this playlist on youtube, when I hear a song that matches both of these criteria I add it to my playlist, all of my songs are uplifting with a positive message, about winning, lasting love, encouragement, or just plain being happy. "I can't stop the feeling" by Justin Timberlake is the epitome of what I mean. Thank you so much for creating such an incredible song!
2. Rock out to these songs! Who cares if you are a bad dancer, if you drove past me today you would have saw this crazy chick completely rocking out to her incredible playlist!!!!
3. Meditate. 5 minutes and hour... It doesn't matter, just do it. There are youtube videos for those of you that think there is supposed to be a certain way to do it. All else fails just sit down, set a timer and close your eyes. There is no wrong way, its ok if your mind won't stop racing. There are hundreds of approaches to meditating, try all of them and see which one suits you!
4. Learn something new. Try a new recipe, implement something interesting from a book, follow a youtube tutorial that you like, or ask a friend or family member to teach you something you think they are really good at. Talk about an incredible compliment!
5. Try eating Vegan or Gluten Free one day a week. Both have excellent health benefits. I am Vegan Gluten Free, my transition was very slow, see my article about becoming gluten free under the "Wellness" category. Eating Vegan will definitely save you money, at the very least a couple dollars on your meal if you go out to eat. So try it out, just one day a week.
6. Spend more time outside. How ever it suits you, the outdoors has so many incredible benefits. Not to mention a natural incredible source of vitamin D that we all need. My favorite is to go for a walk in the morning with my tea or coffee.
7. Get a plant for inside your home. If you are a plant person like me, then you already have them, yay! But if you automatically say "I am only good at killing plants" Look into succulents, snake plants or the potos plant. All of these plants are very hearty, if you forget to water them they will most likely come back to life pretty easily, and don't need too much sunlight.
8. Toss something that does not line up with who you want to become. Right now :) Stand up and find something that doesn't suit you anymore. I toss something, just one thing every month. This helps a lot to keep my home up to date with who I am becoming. Maybe even play catch up from this past year and toss 12 things!
9. Replace your lotion with olive oil or coconut oil. Not only is this cheaper for you, both immediately but also long term, but its SO much healthier for your skin, hair and body. Lotion naturally has a lot of chemicals. That lotion that smells so good has a lot of chemicals to make it smell so good. Ever since I began using coconut oil as my lotion my skin has gotten so much softer, and once its rubbed in it smells like nothing.
10. Replace your cleaning products with more natural chemical free alternatives. Clean with white vinegar instead of windex, use essential oils in place of your 409... Or simply buy Seventh Generation cleaning products instead of the typical name brand cleaning products most of us are familiar with. Personally I am switching to essential oils, just like my yoga studio.
11. Compost! If you have the space or means. This simple switch in habit is hugely beneficial to the health of our earth. Not to mention you could be creating the most rich and nutrient soil for your plants :)
12. Take 5 minutes to do an "I Like List" or a Gratitude list. I got this from Abraham Hicks, and I LOVE it. I do this everyday, I take a piece of paper and just ramble what ever I like or am thankful for, most of the time I mix both in. There's not wrong way to do this, its super fun, and immediately it puts you in a better mood. If you were already happy, that happiness will be taken to a higher level.
13. Record all the good things through out the day. I have a tiny note book that I bought at staples for .50 cents. And as something good happens through out the day I write it down. You could also record in in your phone... I think this is my most recent habit I have take on, and also the one where I see the biggest impact. I also include something I love about myself, and how far I have come in the past two years.
14. Take 5 minutes every single day to work on a goal you have, in addition to what you already have planned for the day. I do this with exercise, as a part of my routine for getting ready for the day. I set a timer for 5 minutes, and always start with sit-ups, as I get to tired to do any more, I switch to planks, push ups, donkey kicks... But you can do this with anything.
15. Make your home something you LOVE. Start with cleaning and organizing, then as you come across something you absolutely love find a way to incorporate it into your home. Maybe replace the bedding, pillows, dishes... OR hire a professional.
16. Hire a professional to help you achieve or create something that you want. There is something so amazing about working with a professional to catapult you into what you want to achieve. It may be expensive, but its worth it. You are worth it.
17. Affirmations. Man are these powerful. If you don't know where to start just look up "affirmations" on youtube. You can simply listen and repeat affirmations from a recording, or you could make up your own. Now I make up my own, I do them while I am exercising or driving. You simply say a statement that feels good to you it doesn't matter if it is true yet. The key is that the statement feels good as you are saying it. Sometimes I'll just keep saying different statements until one feels good, then I'll keep repeating that one. Sometimes what felt good yesterday will not feel good the next day and that is ok.
18. Drink more water :) if you already drink lots of water switch it up by adding fruit or tea into the water, and add coconut water into the mix. Drinking water with fruit or tea hels your body retain the hydration better. After doing hot yoga every day and feeling dehydrated even though I drank a gallon of water a day is what led me to this amazing suggestion from my incredible yoga teacher. It works very well :)
19. Turn off the news. If you like to be informed, read the news articles that speak to you. Do not watch the news. The news has so many subliminal messages that we simply do not need. If you read the news instead, you have time to digest what you are reading, and think about the validity, or the authors opinion. It may even lead you to something else you'd like to know more about.
20. Save a specific amount of money in a savings account. Even just $5 a month will add up. And that will not hurt your wallet. If you are already a good saver, awesome! Learn something else that will improve your financial IQ, like investing, and put it into practice.
21. Take on the "no complaint" challenge. Check out the book "A Complaint Free World" by Will Bowen. The link is long, but here it is. This is such a powerful challenge, that I am starting again. Last time it took me a year and 22 days, and I was so proud of myself that I stuck with it. But the coolest thing is that people were noticing. I was noticing how much my life was getting better in all areas. So no complaining for 21 consecutive days, if you do you start over. I dare you! :)
22. Do something for the pure and simple joy and fun of it. Every day. Often we forget to do fun things, its so easy to get caught up in the rat race, but this will shift your energy and help attract the exact thing that you are working so hard to get.
23. Laugh, even if that is fake laughing in front of the mirror. It works :)
24. Read. You know how powerful reading is, so pick a book that interests you and enjoy :)
25. Celebrate or give back to someone else. This one just makes me smile. And something I will be focusing on this year.
26. Experiment. With an attitude of curiosity you can make huge shifts in your life! Some experiments I did this year, was smoothies for the month of September, and hot yoga every day for three weeks in October. With the attitude of "I wonder what will happen" I am significantly healthier because of it. And just more excited about life in general.
Do you have any tweaks, or adjustments that have worked for you? E-mail them to me and I'll add them to the list! We are always growing, so lets put intention to grow into the person we want to become! Rather that doing a resolution of something you will quit or give up, bring a different approach to 2018, an approach of curiosity, inclusion, and ease. By changing a habit you change your life. All of these habits are things that I do, and a few of them are things I will incorporate into my life more often. I'm so excited for 2018, and cannot wait to see all the wonderful things that are in store.
Sending you love!
Good morning and Happy Holidays!
Its Christmas Eve tomorrow, and I can feel a lot of excitement all over my body, similar to how I would get as a kid, before opening presents. Except now as an adult, yes opening presents is very fun, my excitement is around what's coming after Christmas.
Today I woke up, and said I want to cuddle up, drink my tea, and write :) And as I piled all the pillows around me to "cuddle up" I felt so excited like a little kid. PS, this is my new favorite thing I think, to cuddle up with lots of pillows and feel like a kid, its really fun, I recommend you try it! Anyway I pulled out my journal to write, I opened up to what I wrote the other day about the direction and the things I want for 2018, and I thought "No! I want to post an article!" My normal routine is to get a little exercise in before I do anything else, I really love to walk around my neighborhood with my coffee or tea, but today my inspiration led me else where.
So reading my most recent thoughts in my journal, I'd like to share them with you! Where ever you are in your life right now, what would it take for you to make 2018 your best year ever? I challenge you to sit with this question, be open to it. Its ok if you don't come up with an answer.
As I was writing about this I broke it down into 6 categories:
What are the top six areas in your life? I know many people like to have a new years resolution, but I'm going to challenge this idea. A new years resolution is only one goal. I think we make a lot more progress if we have a couple goals (at least three) because sometimes attention to that certain area needs a break, AND when one area of your life gets better all areas of your life usually get better too.
Now take a minute, or 10 to think about the top areas of your life.
All set? Great!
Now we can go back to those categories and write out our goals for each category, I'll share mine:
Writing/Creativity: (this is kind of two categories, so I actually have 7 areas)
I want to write one article a week (on here, as of now I just write when I feel like it & have time), so now I intend to set aside time.
Creativity: I want to be more recognized for my creativity, I want to do creative things more often.
Finances: I want to have $2,000 in my checking at its low point and my car paid off. This is roughly $7,000 on top of my normal income/expenses.
Health/Body: I want to have a flat stomach with my same size breasts, so I want to flatten and tone up without loosing weight. And do at least two hot yoga classes a week.
Fun: I just want to have way more fun. I want to do more active adventures. When I go out with my friends I want to do more physical activities. With my best friends we do, so maybe just to hang out more :) As I'm writing this article I realize that there is a seminar I want to go to, so I am going to invite several people that I want to hang out with more.
Internal: I want to feel unconditional love for myself every day and stop judging myself and have a completely clean place. When I get busy or overwhelmed things tend to pile up, so I want to keep my place clean all the time.
Relationships: I'd like to not be affected my what some of my family members say. I want a boyfriend, one is looking like it will evolve into what I want :) And I'd like to hang out with my Dad more. I also want to be the type of person that only speaks good and lifts people up, with those closest to me, when they frustrate me I have a hard time speaking good :)
And there you have it! Here are my intentions or goals for the coming year, but I still wonder is having these goals what will help bring the best year ever? I don't know, and I am open to being re-directed. I am more excited to live according to questions that are coming up are as well:
What would happen if I tried to give my best value to everyone around me?
What beliefs can I change to bring the best, happiest, most abundant, love filled year yet?
Who knows! And I can't wait to find out. For me, the next step that I can see/understand is to get my place in order. So I am committing minimum one hour a day to cleaning, organizing, and being on top of things. My goal is to start 2018 with a place that is 100% in order!
I challenge you to post one of these questions somewhere in your house, and follow the inspiration each time it comes up, weather its to drive a different way to work, write affirmations on your water bottles, call up and old friend, or snuggle up on the couch with lots of pillows like a child. Just do it, see what happens :) If you're smiling then that is the right direction!
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, and Happy 2018!
I have not posted in a while. I think out of self judgement. When I write these articles I get so wrapped up in them, that often I end up not "starting" my day until noon or 1 pm. And so none of the ideas I was having was "good enough" to "waste" that much time. But I just had a gratitude epiphany, and want to share it.
About two weeks ago, I was exposed to some toxic fumes. I was at work, the area smelled bad, but I over looked it because we were in a rush. Until I was told to get off. About 10 minutes later I began to not feel that great, but I don't like complaining so I was not very loud about what I was experiencing. Later we get checked out my doctors and the doctors completely blow off the seriousness and sign me off as good to work again. During that week, I learn a little more, what all the potential side effects of this toxic exposure can cause, and I am terrified. Since that exposure, I had been doing every detox thing I can think of or that anybody I trust suggested. Thankfully my symptoms have gotten improved a little each day, and now I believe I will be OK. BUT because of this scare I have really been prioritizing my rest and health. I have not been pushing myself, and then just now as I was enjoying taking 30 minutes to cook my breakfast, and enjoy my tea, I realized that up until now it was never OK to rest, it caused anxiety that I was "wasting" time.
Now I am grateful for this exposure because it gave me permission to slow down, to sit here cuddled up with a warm blanket and a body pillow that makes me feel like I'm a child surrounded by all my lovies (stuffed animals). And I am truly enjoying it. I enjoy the comfort, I enjoy feeling like a child, that is being hugged by my lovies.
Relaxing is so important, we all "know" that - but I'm betting that there are more people similar to me than not - when you "do nothing" you are wasting time which could also be costly, if you're a time is money person. Because of this very scary thing, I took relaxing seriously, and now I do see the benefits. I am happier, I feel heard (because I'm listening to myself) and I feel love because I am allowing myself to feel like a child, and I'm seeing great creative solution, of which I have implemented. In my external world I met a guy that is so similar to me its funny, my finances are improving simply because I'm not spending as much money, my health is improving because I'm taking the time to cook and eat more vegetables, I feel the support from my supervisors who have taken what happened seriously, and I just feel more loved. Now I feel grateful that this happened.
I needed this bad and very scary thing to happen to me to give myself permission to rest. I needed to learn that its OK to do nothing, and just hug a pillow, otherwise I would probably have worn myself into the ground by not letting up.
Before you need something bad to happen to learn a lesson like I did, what can you do today to scale back a bit? Would that be to meditate, would it be to not answer e-mails after 4 pm? Maybe you too will pile pillows on your couch and snuggle up with a blanket and a good book, or a journal? I don't believe tv, social media, or surfing the internet is truly relaxing, because your mind is still doing something, and there is still a sense of achievement that is sought out, especially when surfing the internet, so just let the electronics stay off for a bit. Maybe you even start a thing at home where one night a week all electronics are turned off? Maybe you will let someone cook dinner or let a friend pick up the kids? Whatever it may be, pick something today even if its just 5 minutes that takes something off your plate, makes your life a bit easier; or just put everything on hold so you can do nothing. You are WAY more important than all of these other things that you "need" to do. So start practicing that today <3
Sending cuddles, Jessica
This heart portrait was a break through for me! And I'd like to share it with you. There are two parts.
As I was coloring this heart, one I didn't like that it was not shaped the right way - Not liking it when things in general aren't "perfect". Now I see this metaphor. Also coloring my heart this green, the color of my heart (check out a map of the chakras) I noticed all this emotion, it was confusing, intense and a little overwhelming, and there was some sadness. It was as if I was feeling all of the emotions at once. Maybe that is what is going on? Then as I colored over the pink and purple it became black. Just like the "Splinter." So its not actually pain, maybe its just a little bit of energy from a different area inside my heart? Pink is my throat and purple is my head. Yep, so they are in my heart because this is how I have coped for so long. Thinking my way to love and saying what I should. And all of the emotions that I'm feeling are overwhelming and bring me to tears often. WOW, what a big breakthrough! Its ok to feel all of these different emotions all at once. My heart kind of turned irridescent and shined while writing this <3 Like I just found its true power.
So I don't need to say what I should anymore. And I don't need to think my way to love anymore. Feeling everything is going to be uncomfortable for a little while. But this is where you will live your true power. I'm feeling so grateful to see this. I feel like the blind man in Amelie when she grabs him, helps him across the street, and describes everything in such detail that the man feels like he can see.
I'll paste the video below. Its one of my favorite scenes in any movie of all times. Its makes my heart smile and tears come to my eyes every time, as I can't stop smiling.
Here is only the heart.
Now, on the continuation of my drawing, I drew all the glowing, radiating, mingling energy that feels iridescent. Now I understand. And all these times that I feel sad or cry not totally clear of the reason, now I know its just so much emotion, its not lingering underlying depression. Though many of the emotions are sad, now I know that I experience many emotions at the same time, and it will take time for me to be comfortable with this. So I say good bye to you as I feel glowing just like the blind man in Amelie.
Sending love to all those affected, which is almost everyone in Northern California and a few counties in southern California.
Almost everyone in Northern California has a friend or family member that is in danger of these fires going on right now, if you are one of the lucky ones that has not been directly impacted. My heart goes out to you. First here are a few resources:
If you do have internet that you have most likely found somewhere that can help. And "help" is exactly what inspired me to write this article. There are so many people that are willing to and want to help. Yet to my friends that I have reached out to, my help has been denied. Now more than ever help is needed yet, many of us feel uncomfortable accepting help. We have become so independent and used to doing everything on our own, that it may be hard to accept or even ask for help.
While right now is a very big tragedy, there are many people that are coming together to support each other. This is the beautiful part. People are reaching out to check on each other whom have not talked in many years. And help is being offered in so many different ways. If you do need help, please ask, there are many people that want to help. Facebook has been an incredible resource.
So to my close friend: "I want to help however I can. I know how uncomfortable it makes you feel to even be in a position of needing help, but it hurts me to have my help be rejected. This is a horrible time, I really hope that you will not need to evacuate. I hope that it rains tonight. I love you, and if the way that I am offering help does not work, please tell me what does work. Please tell me what would be helpful. I will give you food, I will give you money, I offered to share my apartment. I want to help you, so please tell me what will help since my ideas were not good ones to you."
I know that this personal scenario is not uncommon, so please know there are people that love you, and even if they don't know you, there are many people that want to help. Reach out, those that can will be grateful to help, and that they are in a position to be able to help.
Until things have settled hope this yoga video brings a little peace, even if it only lasts 20 minutes.
Prayers and Love, Jessica
You know when you are feeling super stressed? Maybe because you have way too much going on at once, or because you bit off more than you can chew.
The physical symptoms of stress are your body pushing against expansion. Just like growing pains, don't know if you had those as a kid, I did, it really hurt. Some people are aware when they are in the midst of expansion, and some people are not. It feels like stress. I'd like to be vulnerable right now, and share with you that right now; I am doing a job that is stretching me, and its super uncomfortable!
Each time I come to work on this job I just noticed that I huff and puff and feel so stressed out. Yesterday I got a headache instantly because of how much doubt flooded my body. I noticed that I was feeling resentful towards my client who is "putting all this stuff on me." Now, putting all of it together I realize she's not, I realize I created this job for myself. Its something that I want to do more often in my future, yet I'm so resistant! Conversely when I do a good job, I feel elated, so lucky, so proud, and like "YES! I can do ANYTHING!"
We are all going through this in some way. While I'm not totally clear on the solution, maybe its just to acknowledge you're in the middle of expanding, it is uncomfortable, and that is ok. Its uncomfortable to go beyond and into something that you don't know. But that is how we grow. Because I just realized what was going on with me, I wanted to share it with you.
Just like everybody else you are either in the middle of expansion, or have been there before. You are not alone, although it sure does feel like it. And yes, there is also the fear of failure, but now realizing what is going on no matter what happens I have already grown, and can handle more than I was able to before taking on this job. I'm proud of myself, and I'm proud of you. So next time you are feeling stressed out, pause, take a breath, or five, and acknowledge that you are moving beyond what you knew, go you!
Today whatever you have going on, try to push your own limits in some way, any way. You will expand in more ways than you realize just from doing that one tiny thing today.
I'm very passionate about a lot of things, often trying to incorporate all of it into my life!